Monday, August 17, 2009

A Blank Slate

It seems every Sunday I will think of all the work I will be able to complete in the upcoming week. I was telling Clint the other day, "Right now we have no appointments, commitments or meetings scheduled this week." I was dreaming of doing nothing but concentrating on my art. Funny what happens when we make plans. Once again, yesterday afternoon, this week was to be "a blank slate." By Sunday afternoon the slate was no longer blank. This Monday morning from 8 to 12 noon, we are expecting a technician from Dish Network, we can't get a signal on our TV. (Spent 45 minutes on the phone trying to be "walked through it.") On Wednesday we have another commitment we have to keep. These are very minor irritations compared with some other life events. The best laid plans of mice and men...

No comments: