Monday, September 14, 2009

Ten Year Old Safety Patrol Leader



This portrait of my husband Clint was painted a couple of years ago as a birthday gift. I worked on it for a few days while he was away on a business trip. He loved it and I was very happy about his reaction. He had told me how his self-esteem soared when a teacher chose him for the "Safety Patrol" leader. He was so impressed he chose to wear the white patrol belt on "picture day."


A guest/friend in our home loved the portrait, it resulted in 9 commissions for portraits of her grandchildren! She said she had been looking for someone to paint her grandchildrens' portraits.


Portraits are a labor of love, I did not readily agree to the large commission job of the nine protraits, I had to ponder it for a while. Not only is paint used as a medium in doing portraits...I always add some blood, sweat and tears.

No comments: