Friday, November 5, 2010

Bobcat's Back!


The beautiful American bobcat which is roaming around
in the area.
Please double click to see larger image.
A few months ago on Facebook I posted a photograph of a bobcat which is roaming around in this area.  The bobcat is a North American mammal of the cat family.  It ranges from southern California to Northern Mexico including most of the continental United States.  Being adaptable, the bobcat would have to be in order to thrive in all this very developed area with all its concrete. There's an abundance of rabbits around here and that is supposed to be a bobcat's first choice in food selections.  I was reading they also will hunt anything from small insects to small rodents (you should see the the size of the large rats around here!).


Another recent sighting of this bobcat was photographed by Clint's friend, Paul.  Being a cat lover, I think this cat is beautiful and appears very healthy looking in the photograph. I hope it continues to thrive.

5 comments:

Clint said...

I wish I could pet it, but....maybe not.

MINAKICHU said...

Wow that's a lovely looking cat, I hope it will survive for a long time:-)

Unknown said...

Wow! It's a beautiful animal, thanks for sharing.
Patti

Bitch said...

A very beautiful animal.
I hope it find a home!

Unknown said...

Cool shot! A beautiful animal!