Monday, March 21, 2011

Contract Pending






In our front yard!  A good sign!
I had to make my own "contract pending" sign,
the real one is not up yet.  Nothing is
certain but it is a good start.

My world is a little upside down right now.  We now have a contract on our house!  We signed the papers Saturday evening.  If all goes well, we have six weeks left in this house.

The dreaded house inspector will be here in 2 hours and 57 minutes.  There's just something unsettling to me for someone to come into our house and pick out everything that is wrong!  I am half way kiddin' here, I know it is part of the process.

Very soon we have to find a house 800 miles from here.  We are going to visit Clint's mom in Atlanta on this trip, we are looking forward to seeing her.  I can't wait to see my mom and family, too.

We both are still going to work on our blogs while we are on the road.  I sure don't want to lose any of my precious followers and commenters.  Hopefully we might find some very interesting stories while on the road and house hunting.  We will be in Knoxville, TN, during one of its most beautiful times during the Dogwood Arts Festival.

This afternoon we have to be gone during the house inspection.  I could spend four hours at the library, Clint does not want to do it.  I have decided I am going to have an "artist date" that Julia Cameron wrote about in her book, The Artists Way.  Right now I have decided I am going to get together all my black pens, take some paper and go somewhere to draw.  I love sitting at one of the tables in front of Whole Foods, that might be an idea. Of course, I could get distracted with my love of 'people watching' and not get any drawing done.  I may also draw at the local library.  Clint and I may meet up somewhere during these hours, if he gets bored, he can move along to some place else. We both are going to take our cameras.  Clint is also writing about the house contract on his blog.
Got to get busy for that inspection and my date with myself!  Thank you for reading this far! :~)

7 comments:

Clint said...

Well, let's hope the buyer can qualify for a loan. Sure has been a long 10 months, cleaning the house every day and night, having all manner of folks traipse thru the place. Now we have all that packing and stuff to look forward to.... :)

Shady Del Knight said...

Your lives are in flux but it is also an exciting time for you. I hope you can report in from the road and show us where you've visited. You don't have to worry about me losing interest, Cindy. I'll be right here eagerly awaiting your posts whenever you can get them written and launched.

Mary Bergfeld said...

Cindy, I hope that the inspection is painless and that the deed can be done. Clint mentioned that your house had been on the market awhile, so it must be a relief to not have to keep the house in a view ready state. I hope you have a good day. Blessings...Mary

Karen Kyle Ericson said...

The artist date sounds like a great idea. I love doing things like that. I'd probably take a camera too. Have all the fun you can, when you can.

Anonymous said...

I know those long distance moves! It will be hectic, but you will make it. I will be praying that the loan goes through.

Lisa said...

Hello Cindy, congratulations. And I am excited for you and Clint.

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

All the best Cindy!
All will go well, I'm sure!
Dogwood festival sounds like FUN~*