Sunday, July 31, 2011

Kentucky Bound


At Cumberland Falls is one of only two regularly occurring
moonbeams in the world. 




It has been a looong week, I have missed my blogger friends and blogging.  Last night Clint and I decided we would take one of our spur-of-the-moment trips.  We are headed in a couple of hours for Williamsburg and Cumberland Gap, KY.  Our first trip together was to Cumberland Gap in the fall. We are looking forward to going back to Cumberland Falls.  I will be in touch later, hopefully this evening.  I will be searching for a fabulous old house on one of the back roads.  Years ago I saw this house and didn't have a camera, you are immediately taken back to the 1930s when you see this house and surroundings. I hope to find it and share a photo with you!

Love

Cindy

4 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

That picture of the falls and moonbeam explains the appeal of the area you will be visiting on your day trip, Cindy. I envy you seeing all of that varied terrain, rushing water and lush greenery. I hope you can find that old house and take me back to the 30s. My bags are already packed! Have a safe drive and a joyous Sunday, dear friend!

Sara G said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip!! <3

Nova said...

Beautiful picture...so thats the reason because it is so quiet ;-)

Have a wonderful trip and I am exited to see more pictures.

Take care

greetings

Cindy Ellison said...

Hi Shady, Sarah G and Petra! It was so good to hear from the three of you.

Shady, I can't believe it but I searched for the house going and coming to no avail! I will not give up, I will be heading back again to search, I know I was on the right road but it is a long road. I can try again before too long because my mother lives not too far from this area. I forgot to post in my blog that we were staying overnight. Thank you, Shady, it was good to see you again!

Sara G, it has been a while since I have seen you, too. Hope things are going well with you.
Take care ♥

Petra, things might be quiet on here when Clint is not blogging! Just kidding, of course. Thank you for stopping by, Petra!