Monday, January 30, 2012

Music City U.S.A.







Us in front of the infamous Tootsie's Orchid Lounge.  It was Clint's first
time to experience Tootsie's.
January 13, 2012







Clint planned a surprise weekend trip for me a few weeks ago.  We
were on our way to Nashville to see the Grand Ole Opry!






Window shopping ... ♫ how much is that torso in the window,
the one with the ...  ♫







The Nashville skyline as we arrived Friday afternoon
on January 13, 2012.







Clint in the lobby of the Marriott Courtyard on West End,
we were pleased with the hotel.  We're
waiting for the shuttle to take us to the Ryman.










Conversation overheard at this traffic light:  "Clint, get back into
this shuttle!  You have no business going into "Larry's place!"







Approaching Broadway on Friday evening, January 13, 2012







Clint trying to upstage Elvis!










One could hardly move in Tootsie's,
including Clint.







I made this photo inside the old original Ryman.  I was reminded once again
we were watching a live radio show.  It was interesting to see all the
activity behind the scenes.





I kept thinking Broadway has a Bourbon Street atmosphere to it.
The crowds were wonderful to see, when I lived in Nashville in
1974 I can remember this area being empty.











Who could give a warmer welcome than
Minnie Pearl and Hank Williams!








The Rolls Royce of country singers, Connie Smith.





Vince Gill




Ricky Skaggs





Enjoyed seeing the old photos and albums
in this old shop.








Clint had made reservations for dinner at the Stockyard.  In the early 2000s, we had
really enjoyed eating there and I especially enjoyed the singer in the lounge there.  Clint started
reading recent reviews and was shocked by what he read.  We canceled the reservations
and ate at Demo's instead.  We beat the crowd that extended around the corner.







Saturday as we headed back to the hotel, I thought this was the most
 beautiful scene from Broadway looking toward West End Avenue.

We had the most wonderful time.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥


When I wrote my previous blog yesterday and clicked on "Publish Post", I was thinking it might just spiral down the cyberspace black hole without anyone reading it.  Thank you all for your visits and reading my posts! I am doing okay. I am reading all your blog posts, not yours Ginny because you don't have one ... yet. :~)  Before I started this blog post today, I was not going to do anymore "woe is me" posts right now.  As life would have it, something happened today that was unbelievable.  After I got back into the car with Clint this afternoon, I was a little shaky/sick and was telling Clint what I had just experienced. (Clint's first response was 'good blog material') It had not quite dawned on me  what had just happened until Clint reminded me and said:  You just saved a woman's life.

I did, this afternoon I saved a woman's life!  I will tell about this next time I write, I may leave this Nashville post up for a day or two. Take care and thanks again for your visits.





No comments: