Monday, March 12, 2012

Light and Shadow









Playing around with my camera a couple of weeks ago,
thought I'd include this photo since it's about "light and shadows".




Today I was thinking of light and shadows.  In the evenings, we have been noticing
some strong beams of the setting sun that are streaming behind the window treatment
from the opposite side of the room into the living room.  These photo scenes actually occured naturally, I
did not do any special staging.

I think that is what makes them more special. 









We've all seen what I think of as that eerie lighting, the dark clouds with
some bright sun.  I love the way it illuminates trees, birch trees
are particularly beautiful this way.







Fond of rose bowls, I mostly use them for candles.  I've been using this
one in the evenings.








This image blew me away, I was sitting across from Clint
and had to grab my camera when I saw this shadow of his martini glass.
The shadow is on the living room wall.










Most of my life is spent looking up!  I marvel at cloud formations
such as these.








This sheet draped over the sofa was glowing
the other evening against the strong shadows
in the folds.








It's Five O' Clock somewhere!





Where there is much light, the shadow is deep.

~Goethe






8 comments:

Clint said...

Just beautiful!

VM Creation Atelier said...

HOW fantastic is these woords,dear Cindy!!!

And all your photos so creative,so wonderful!
I´am also a very big fan of playing with a camera:-)*

Thank you for your visit and your lovely comment!

Hugs,
***Violetta***

Carol Blackburn said...

Those are some superb shots, Cindy. That's a tricky-looking glass.

Anonymous said...

Cindy, You are amazing, your photos are so good!!

haven't heard from you in a while thought maybe you'll got caught up in all the storms that went through your area. Ginny

Nova said...

Oh yes....just beautiful and Goethe found the right words.

Greetings♥

Shelly said...

Your pictures are always, always works of beauty, intrigue, and power. You are so talented. I wish you had a gallery somewhere near me so I could get into it and just look and ponder.

Sabine Gimm said...

You look so beautifil dear Cindy.
Greetings Sabine

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Cindy. Thank you so much for popping over and leaving a comment on my blog, and it was good for me to know that I'm not the only one that gets their dates and days muddled up! Your photos are absolutely stunning with the shadows. I had a new camera for Christmas, and I really must start using it more often. I will when the weather gets better and I'm able to get out a bit more. Mine is a Nikon D3100.