Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Twenty Nine Thousand, Two Hundred Days




My mom at the age of nine in 1941.  She was in the
4th grade.





Today is my mother's 80th birthday!  It can't be, my mother can't be EIGHTY YEARS OLD!  My mother is still the young active mother I remember, always taking us places and having such fun together.  I remember my sister being downright angry when mom turned sixty.  I laughed at my sister.  Of course my sister was happy our mother had lived to be sixty, she just didn't want to think of our mother getting old and ... well,  you know what comes nearer as we age.

To be honest, I am a little like my sister today when mom turned sixty.  I have been thinking about it for several days. We are blessed our mother is still living, she is not in pain and seems rather happy, even in her current situation.




Happy  Birthday Mom!





.

7 comments:

Clint said...

You and I are so blessed to have great moms. What/where would we be without them? Thank you, Jesus.

Emma said...

A very happy 80th birthday to your mother Cindy! My father's mother turns 80 next year and is still so full of life and laughter. May it continue for many years to come!

Emma x

Nova said...

First of all:

Happy Birthday- Wishes to your Mom from me too.

I know how you Cindy are feeling and thinking....my dad is getting 80 this year too, and I can't believe how the time runs....

Greetings and hugs♥

Southhamsdarling said...

It's frightening how the years pass by so quickly - I don't like it!! My goodness, you look very much like your mum. Wishing her a very hapy 80th birthday.

Shelly said...

Happy birthday to your mom! A wonderful milestone for her, to be sure. I agree with thisisme- I can see a strong resemblance between the two of you. I loved her picture- such a sweet face!

Carol Blackburn said...

So beautiful Cindy, love how you've honored your Mom today.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Cindy Ellison's Mom....I know what you mean Cindy, I watch my parents both now in their late 70's and mom is not doing well, with her getting around and is in pain all the time, and I weep for I know that their days are but "now" numbered...I am not ready to let go but I know as I have walked 15 years past the death of my oldest son, His Grace is sufficient....
Enjoy your Mom very special day.....