Friday, September 28, 2012

Oysters and Memories








“As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.”

Hemingway
~ from "A Moveable Feast"




Hemingway says it best! I would have loved to have had fresh oysters from the half shell yesterday.  One has to be quite picky, I think, to find the freshest and best oysters such as Hemingway has described above from "A Moveable Feast". Second best was us finding some fresh oysters yesterday at a supermarket, some for frying. We had hash browns, salad and an order of hush puppies from the nearby Cracker Barrel.

The guy in the seafood department was telling us that "the guys from the boats tell us they use "House Autry" for breading their seafood.  If the breading is the favorite of "the guys on the boats" then it is good enough for us!  I loved that expression about the guys on the boats but it made me think sometimes I watch too many reality TV shows about the "guys on the boats"

The fried oysters were absolutely delicious!  We loved the House Autry and Clint looked them up on their website this morning.  They have a great website and the coating was light with the perfect amount of seasoning..





We really loved this seafood breader!


Yesterday morning as we headed out very early
to walk on the beach.




Clint walking on the beach. yesterday.


 

Looking back at the condo yesterday
before dawn on our walk.





A sturdy sand castle lit by
the golden light of the rising sun.





No caption needed.




Love these impressive Northern Plantation condos next door.
Beautiful building.

 



Heading to the beach yesterday in the early dawn.




Talking about brisk walkers, their little
toothpick legs are a blur!








Odd footprints in the sand yesteray morning.  There was
such a long stride, Clint could barely match
it when he tried. 



Our final day at the beach.  Another year of beach memories
will soon draw to a close.  Here on our "digital scrapbook", called
my blog, we can look back and relive some
of the memories with these photos and remembrances.

Thanks again to my readers.


.

3 comments:

Nova said...

Thanks for sharing these impressions and memory.

I love to to see these wonderful pictures of yours, and I am happy to found you and Clint.

All the best to you and take care

Greetings from Tenerife

Clint said...

Sand, Oysters, Beach, Waves, Tides, Light Breezes, Salty Air and Water, Gulls, Shrimp, Crabs, Sunshine, Moonglow, Beachcombers, Love and YOU. What a great vacation!

Shelly said...

Such lovely views. I personally have never eaten oysters and don't intend to try, but my husband loves them, so I understand what you mean about the freshest and best.