Saturday, October 6, 2012

Serenity on Saturday



The Georgia sky one summer day in 2012.




Clint is now in the living room working on his diary.  I just told him I needed some serenity today.  He agreed I was in dire need of serenity.  I know I bring a lot of things on myself and am my own worst enemy like many of us.

We both worked so hard yesterday at the gym.  As I had planned, I worked out and then went shopping at Walmart.  Got the ingredients for Lucinda's birthday dessert which was to be Key Lime Pie.  As expected, my energy level did not remain as high as I would have liked.  Her pie turned into mini chocolate cup cakes and ice cream.  We had several kinds of ice creams with different toppings and it was all good.  The King Ranch Casserole turned out perfectly and we were all looking forward to it.  She liked her little gifts and it was so good for all of us to be together.

The dining room table was a mess from all the painting paraphernalia on it, I had to clean it all up so we could all be seated at this larger table.  I am glad it is cleaned up, another job behind me. There was some house cleaning to do yesterday and whole lot more that needs to be done around here.  Clint does his share, he is a good helper. :)

Yesterday I talked on the phone with a possible client about a large painting commission.  He is to come by the house tomorrow afternoon. I have to remember sometimes I have to say no if I feel I possibly can't do a job that I feel is not right..  From past experience, some of the times I have said "yes"  going into a job has not been worth it.  I have to use some good discernment tomorrow afternoon.

This morning I did say "no" to a meeting regarding a legal matter, my sister was in agreement and she said "no", too.  Ahhh ... it felt so good.  Sometimes there is nothing like saying "no". The meeting was to have taken place this morning.  Clint has said the past year has probably shortened my life.  A "sigh" is in order on this one. It was a case this morning of turning it over to God.  Clint answered "yes" to me when I said I suppose that God handled legal matters, too. :-)  Painful matters I might add.

On a brighter note, I am looking forward to church tomorrow.  We are going on a tour to view and learn about the church's beautiful stained glass windows.  The windows were designed by Charles Connick.  There was a nice article featuring the windows in today's local news paper, The Knoxville News Sentinel. One quote from the article about Connick::  ...the work of the man once called by The New York Times as "the world's greatest artisan on stained glass windows."

May everyone have a serene Saturday.



.