Saturday, December 29, 2012

More Gatlinburg Christmas Memories



The tree branches in this photo made from our balcony had a
stained glass effect that I liked.



We were right on the Little Pigeon River and were
amazed at the level that it rose from all the rain.



Zombie-like dude wandering on the sidewalk
outside our hotel.  (snicker)

He worked at the Mysterious Mansion next door to the hotel.



This was the scene of many family photos on
the bridge to the Mysterious Mansion next to our hotel.

This is an ancient hearse.




CLINT!  PLEASE GET ME OUT OF HERE!




Not as bleak as it appears, this was Clint's Christmas dinner.  I will
spare you the photo of my left over chile relleno that I had for my dinner.


 

The frigid water from the river swirling around and
over the rocks.  I loved the mottled design on this rock.

The thimble size of white lightin' that I sampled
burned my gums!  Clint said he did not think it was that strong.  :-)


A singer at the Smoky Mountain Moonshine Holler.





 

Lost for words on this caption.



Still lost for words ... insert another *snicker* here.




There was a change of plans on our attending the Christmas Eve
service at the First Methodist Church in downtown Gatlinburg.

It was a rainy and cold evening and we had planned on walking.  We
did walk up the steep hill earlier in the day and had hoped to go inside the
church but the door was locked.




Thank you dear readers for your visit.



.


1 comment:

Southhamsdarling said...

What a shame that the Church door was locked, Cindy. Some interesting photos for us to look at today. I hope you had a good Christmas, and I wish you and your family a happy, healthy, peaceful and blessed new Year.