Thursday, June 25, 2015

Another Day Trip






Clint and I have started exploring our world around us, going on day trips
around this area.  Tuesday we headed for Fort Payne, Al.  We stopped in
nearby Mentone, AL, and discovered the Wildflower Cafe.
Quirky comes to mind when describing this delightful place.






There was art and more art.  After I ordered in the restaurant, I left the
table to go exploring.  The good news is I did not have much time to explore,
our wonderful lunch was ready in no time.  





Patrons have left their business cards under the glass topped tables in the restaurant.  I could not help but do the same.  :-D






We both had some delicious ham and cheese quiche.  Clint had fruit with his
and I had a small salad with some wonderful blue cheese dressing with a kick.






Later we had just turned to head up to Desota State Park.  It is a narrow
and winding road.  Yes, this truck with a huge load of hay turned right'
in front of us.  A few minutes later, when it was safe, he motioned
us around him.



Clint and I have always had a fondness for Fort Payne, AL.  It had been more than ten years since we had returned to this area.  It was reminiscent of The Twilight Zone, trying to remember where old places used to be located.  There have been many changes there, mostly positive from what we could see.  I was happy to see some of the old thrift stores still there.  I did find a treasure, an old cobalt blue saki decanter ... embossed with a floral silver design. Only $2!


P.S.  Today's photo were all made with my Samsung cell phone.



.

1 comment:

Carol Blackburn said...

Looks like a great day.