Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Off Broadway

"Off Broadway", watercolor & colored pencil, 6" x 6.75"
My August Submission for The Virtual Paintout
Here it is, once again, the last day of the month and I just sent my submission to The Virtual Paintout.  Each month a city is selected and using Google Street Maps, artists use maps to view streets for subject matter to paint.  This month the selection was not a city but Prince Edward Island.  I "traveled" many streets and decided on this restaurant called "Off Broadway" in Charlottetown, PEI, as my subject.  Just last month I discovered The Virtual Paintout blog and Face Book page and have really enjoyed participating.  And, it is to use the old cliche, educational.  Can't wait until tomorrow to see where Bill chooses as our next painting destination!

4 comments:

VM Creation Atelier said...

I like you painting very,very much,dear Cindy!

It looks SO perfect,dreamly nice!!!

Wish you a lovely week,
Hugs,
***Violetta***

Cindy Ellison said...

How sweet of you, Violetta, thank you very much. Your work is so beautiful! Such talent you have!

Hope things are going well with you, thanks again for writing. ♥

Cindy

Nan Johnson said...

Just stopped over from VPO to comment on this. The brick work in this is outstanding! And I love the shutters & door colors - perfect against the brick color. Wonderful piece of work!

CeccoDotti said...

This is a very nice water colour. It's full of light, bright and joyful like would must be the life. Ciao, Francesco