Sunday, October 17, 2010

Another quiche blog? Afraid so ...

                               



Quiche I made using found ingredients and imagination.
(Double click on image to enlarge)


I can just read your minds, here she goes again talking about quiche.  Sorry, I can't help it.  I love quiche!
Quiche and salad and you have a meal!  I suppose my favorite is classic quiche lorraine, the one shown in this blog was a little different, I used two or three different kinds of cheese with the traditional bacon.  Also, I added sauteed mushrooms and onions, there goes the mushroom word again.  We love them, too.  I also added a splash of salsa.

A word about the crust:  I make my own and have all my life.  My mother made her own pie crusts all her cooking life, even working a full time job.  When I was a teenager, I spent some of my summers perfecting the art of making lemon meringue pies with homemade crust.  Of course, I had watched both grandmothers make their own crust but the best way of learning was watching my mother.

Everytime I go east, I buy White Lily Flour to bring back with me. It has been in my life for a very long time.


Using iced cold water and working quickly
makes the crust easier to handle
(Double click to enlarge image)
                                                                                                                                                                               




I have made so many pie crusts with fluted edges I could
do it with my eyes shut!
(Double click to enlarge image)




                                                        

                                          

                                                       

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I must look for this flour!! I am going to come clean here, I have never made my own crust! There I said it! My husband has and it was pretty good!

I love quiche too, any kind, love it all! This on eis beautiful! Would love a bite now!

Clint said...

Gimme Gimme Gimme that quiche!