Friday, February 4, 2011

Winter of Our Discontent









Where does the white go when the snow melts?
 




All the snow pictures had to be made right outside
our front door, there is thick ice under the snow and makes for very difficult walking.






I smiled when a few minutes ago I noticed tracks atop my neighbor's roof.
Since Santa Claus is back at the North Pole, I suspect these tracks belong to
a squirrel.   Notice the zig zag pattern, it seems a squirrel can never make up their mind.






Our hedges out front ...






A perfect wintry day to curl up with a good book.


4 comments:

Sabine Gimm said...

Yes Cindy, the weather keeps you inside to read a good book. Take care of you.
Greetings Sabine

Clint said...

Where DOES the white go when the snow melts? That's gonna bother me for a while.

I love the shot you got of the squirrel tracks.

Nova said...

Wow Cindy, looks nice but for sure very cold and dangerous when you have to leave the house.

So take care, enjoy the weekend with a good book and a cup of tee.

Greetings
Petra

LemonyRenee' said...

Wonderful pics! Where does the white go? AND why can't squirrels run in a straight line? Two deep, deep mysteries!