Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Morning

Changes are never easy.  This little change of posting a blog without a photo is feeling a little odd to me.  I just thought I'd try it.  I can't see myself doing it often, posting without a photo.

During the almost eight years we were living in Plano, TX, we were in church on Sunday morning.  It was extremely rare for us to miss a Sunday. Clint had his singing ministry, every single Sunday we packed his guitar, songbooks, music stand and stool.  One of the years he was singing and serving as class leader of our class.  At least four of the years I was the inreach/outreach person for our Sunday school class.  I also served as the greeter to welcome visitors, would get their contact information and introduce them to our large Sunday school class.

Since we have moved back to Tennessee, we have not found a church yet.  A month after moving here, I visited a nearby church but it was not a good fit.  The pastor singing for the first 50 minutes was not going to work for us. Really, I'm not kiddin'!  A few weeks ago Clint stopped by another local church, a member was there cleaning and answered some questions Clint had about the church. She didn't request any contact information from him and he left there not feeling too warm and fuzzy.  (That is why my mission is to make visitors feel very welcomed and as comfortable as I can make them.)  In a couple of weeks we are going on a little trip.  When we return we are going to make an earnest effort to look for a church.

Our Sunday mornings are not without us hearing a sermon every Sunday.  We have been listening to Charles Stanley every Sunday morning at 8:00 am EST on In Touch Ministries.  These sermons are the best we've ever heard.  He has been doing a series on Faith and todays's topic was "Wavering Faith".  I have learned so much from him, now if I can just apply these principles to my life. 

Thinking back of all the times in my life I was in a crisis and not knowing where to turn, trying to fix things myself ... I could have saved myself a lot of grief if I had only had faith things would work out for what was best for me and that it was a "done deal" as Charles explains. These ways most times were way beyond my human understanding and much better than I could have ever imagined!  Charles asked, "Is anything too hard for God?"  He said he heard a few "nos" from the congregation and then asked the question again and there was a loud collective "No".  He also posed the question, "Has God ever failed you?" Looking back on my life I don't know how I have survived this long.  No, God has never failed me.  Now for the part of faith, may I keep it strong and from wavering. We never know what God has in store for us,  from this 29th day of January, 2012,  Sunday at 5:02 pm.  Only time will tell when God reveals it in His perfect timing.

After we listened to Charles Stanley, we headed to Buddy's Barbeque for breakfast and were pleasantly surprised at how good it was.  Speaking of barbeque, we then headed for the grocery store to buy our favorite barbeque sauce, "Blue's Hog".  Our realtor bought us a jar when we were house hunting here back in April 2011.  He enters barbeque competitions and said this sauce is the best that is commercially made.  We agree.

☺ Thanks to anyone reading this far!

No comments: